Tenerife is now added to UK’s safe travel list. The UK Government has announced that The Canary Islands will be removed from the FCDO’s global travel advice against non-essential travel and added to the travel corridors list. From 4am Sunday 25 October, passengers arriving to the UK from the Canary Islands will no longer need to self-isolate, so long as they haven’t been in or transited through any other non-exempt countries in the 14 days preceding their arrival.
Tenerife is waiting for you.
The Canary Islands are one of the areas with the least incidence in Spain. The general moment is that life is as always in the cosmopolitan area and in the towns of mayor residential population. The touristic districts are very quiet due to the low rate of arrival of travellers. In the touristic district which are of village origin has its local daily life running as always. There is a large number of complex accommodations opened: 5* and 4* hotels, villas in the hotel resort, aparthotels, apartment’s complex, rural hotels and rural houses.
To protect everybody’s health, the Government of the Canary Islands has implemented a series of health control measures, applicable to all visitors:
- · Before your trip: in the 48 hours before your arrival in Tenerife, you must complete a public health form online at SPAIN HEALTH https://www.spth.gob.es/ to obtain your personal QR code.
- · At your arrival airport: you have to show your QR code at security (you must have it printed out or on your mobile phone) and your temperature will be taken on arrival and, if it is 37.5 ºC or higher, you will undergo a medical assessment.
- · The Canary Islands has a travel insurance in place to cover possible expenses related with a possible positive case while observed during your holidays.
- · Mandatory use of face mask must be worn by adults and children over the age of six when outdoors or in enclosed public spaces, except when eating or drinking, doing physical exercise and/or if you are disabled or have a respiratory condition.
- · Interpersonal distance is set at 1.5 metres.
- · The use of products for individual hygiene (hydroalcoholic gels and soap) is encouraged.
- · Appropriate cleaning and disinfection of all establishments and all materials for activities (especially common areas)
- To get more information about the protection measures to prevent Covid – 19 and others important aspects, please visit https://www.webtenerife.co.uk/blog/2020/09/tenerife-travelling-to-tenerife-update-information/
2020 has been a strange one, with many of spring and summer travel plans failing, being victim to lockdown and travel restrictions imposed by our source markets. Now when UK tourists seeking winter sun have been given a boost, it is time to fix this and fit in a bit of excitement with some fantastic pleasures in Tenerife. Gone is the stress, the worry and the uncertainty. As you sit by the sea with the murmur of the waves washing over you, you soak in the rays of Tenerife’s warm morning sun. A gentle breeze caresses your cheeks, making you close your eyes to capture that moment and make it last. You can barely remember how long it was since you felt so good.
Winter is an excellent season to visit Tenerife. Known as all year round destination, it has a fantastic climate. With temperatures from late October onwards averaging in the low 20ºCs you’ll be blessed with glorious sun to accompany you on your trip.
Tenerife, the largest of the eight main Canary Islands, is a paradise for adventure travellers. There really is something for everyone, from those with a head for heights to those who enjoy exploring the depths of the ocean, and all in between: hiking, cycling, golf, mountain biking, climbing and many more.
Coming out now for this winter sun holidays, you will find less crowded restaurants, beaches and historic monuments. Hence, there’s a better chance of getting to know the real Tenerife and to have more romantic moments with your company. Pick from a range of beautiful golden coastline or eerily volcanic black sand beaches worthy of many an Instagram shot.
You can try spectacular Tenerife food – papas arrugadas, mojo, visit Tenerife’s vineyards and wineries, enjoy a day tour to our two world Heritage sites, sail into the ocean in company of the pilot whales and dolphins or enjoy a beautiful sunset and stargazing tour at the Mount Teide National Park.
Book you flights to Tenerife and get ready for a year-round gem that can offer something for everyone.