One of the most anticipated party nights of the year, New Year’s Eve, is the ultimate time to celebrate with loved ones, dancing the night away, feasting on delicious food and drinking extraordinary drinks. This year, Don Julio, the world’s original luxury tequila, is offering party-goers the ultimate spirit to celebrate and toast to 2020.
Don Julio González created this unique 1942 batch using a personal selection of prime agave, aged for at least two and a half years, resulting in a tribute tequila with the highest standards of quality and astonishing depth. Don Julio 1942 Tequila presented in an elongated bottle whose design is inspired by the agave leaf, elevating your usual drinks selection this New Year.
Don Julio 1942 is a remarkably smooth and incredibly complex Tequila with notes of tropical fruit, agave and a hint of cinnamon spice, encompassing sweet aromas of caramelized cherries. This extraordinary tequila is best enjoyed served neat or over ice in a flute glass or alternatively, can be enjoyed in a selection of cocktails, which are sure to impress your guests this New Year’s Eve.
Decadencia (top left image)
- 20ml Don Julio 1942
- 10ml Chestnut Liqueur
- 2 x drops of walnut bitters
- Top up with demi sec Champagne
- Build the ingredients together in a champagne flute, in the order above
- Gently stir to ensure the liqueur isn’t sitting at the bottom of the glass
El Azteca (top right image)
- 35ml Don Julio 1942
- Drop of water
- Aztec chocolate bitters
- Gently warm a large brandy glass, leaving a little water at the bottom of the glass
- Add 3 drops of Aztec Chocolate bitters and swirl around the glass
- Discard the contents
- Add a single measure of Don Julio 1942
- Enjoy neat
Don Julio 1942 is available from The Whisky Exchange RRP £145.25